San Francisco inspired Irish coffee made with coffee, Irish whiskey, sugar, and easy, frothy homemade whipped cream.
- 4 1/2 ounces medium roast hot coffee
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey (Jameson’s or Tullamore D.E.W.)
- 1–2 teaspoons sugar (2 sugar cubes)
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream (serves about 4 with 2–3 ounces per coffee)
- Add heavy/whipping cream to a medium-sized mason jar or sealed container. Shake for about 45 seconds and check consistency. You want it slightly thickened but still slowly pourable. If it gets too thick, thin out with a little extra cream and stir.
- Combine coffee, sugar, and Irish whiskey in a glass coffee mug. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Top with a collar float of lightly whipped cream by gently pouring over a spoon at the coffee’s surface. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Irish coffee recipe, how to make Irish coffee