A true mai tai made with dark rum, gold rum, orgeat (almond-flavored simple syrup), lime juice, orange liqueur, and fresh mint leaves.
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce gold rum
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce curacao or orange liqueur
- 1/2 ounce orgeat (almond simple syrup)
- 2–3 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain over fresh crushed or cubed ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh mint.
In a pinch, you can use simple syrup in place of orgeat. it’s not quite the same but still a good cocktail.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 10.1g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: mai tai recipe, how to make a mai tai, tiki cocktails