My favorite loaded mashed potatoes. Smashed red potatoes with cream cheese, butter, garlic, and fresh rosemary.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into quarters (no need to peel skin)
- 6–8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup warm milk (1-2%)
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, removed from sprig and minced
- 1/4 cup room temp butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5–6 slices bacon, crispy cooked and chopped (optional)
- Add quartered potatoes to a large pot and fill with cold water until covered by an inch. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until you can easily pierce with a fork.
- Remove potatoes from the heat and strain as much water as possible. Add warm milk first and mash in. Add all remaining ingredients to the pot and mash until fully mixed and creamy. Serve immediately.
These can be made ahead and refrigerated if needed. Heat up with extra milk to soften and regain creamy texture.
Keywords: mashed red potatoes, mashed potatoes with cream cheese