- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into quarters (no need to peel skin)
- 6-8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, removed from sprig and minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 slices bacon, crisply cooked and chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add quartered potatoes and boil covered until tender. About 15-20 minutes or until you can pierce potatoes with a knife with minimal resistance.
- Remove potatoes from the heat and strain as much water as possible. Add all remaining ingredients to the pot and mash until fully mixed and creamy. Serve immediately.
These can be made ahead and refrigerated if needed. Heat up with extra milk to soften and regain creamy texture.