- 2 pounds mussels
- 1 16 ounce jar arrabbiata sauce
- ¼ cup cream or half and half
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- Rinse mussels under cool water. Discard any that do not fully close when rinsing or resting for 30 seconds (these are dead). Remove any beards if protruding from the shell.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a covered saucepan, bring to a simmer (medium-high heat) and add the mussels. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the mussels have opened ¼ to ½ an inch.
- Serve as an entree or over pasta if desired.