Mussels steamed in a delicious spicy red arrabbiata sauce with fresh parsley, garlic, and cream.
- 2 pounds mussels
- 1 16 ounce jar spicy arrabbiata sauce (or marinara sauce)
- ¼ cup cream or half and half
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- Rinse mussels under cool water. Discard any that do not fully close when rinsing or resting for 30 seconds (these are dead). Remove any beards if protruding from the shell.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a covered saucepan, bring to a simmer (medium-high heat) and add the mussels. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the mussels have opened ¼ to ½ an inch.
- Stir and serve as an entree or over pasta if desired.
Can also be served over pasta of your choice
- Serving Size: About 1/2 lb
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 655mg
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 27.2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
Keywords: mussels in red sauce, mussels in spicy arrabbiata sauce