- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 10 ounce cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 4.5 ounce can chopped green chilis
- 1/4 cup green onions, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish, chopped
- 5 large burrito flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Guacamole for topping if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut chicken breasts into small bite sized chunks. I typically cut into half inch cubes.
- Bring a 12 inch cast iron skillet to medium-high heat and add olive oil. Sauté chicken, green onions, green chilis, cumin, salt, and pepper until chicken is fully cooked. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add 1/2 a cup of enchilada sauce to the now empty cast iron skillet, set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce down the center of each tortilla, spread 1/2 cup of chicken mixture, sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons black beans, and top with 1-2 tablespoons cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly and place seem down in the cast iron skillet on top of the enchilada sauce.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with a cup of cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, garnish with green onions and guacamole when serving.
Keywords: chicken enchiladas