Simple pan-seared salmon topped with a creamy avocado and basil sauce.
- 4 6-8 ounce salmon filets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh minced basil, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- half a lemon, juice squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup light cream or half & half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine creamy avocado sauce ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth and creamy, set aside. If sauce is too thick you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Season salmon filets with salt and pepper on both sides. Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil, over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add salmon filets and sear for 5-6 minutes. Flip and sear for 5-6 additional minutes.
- Transfer salmon filets to a plate and top with creamy avocado sauce. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve immediately with a lemon wedge.
If sauce is too thick you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 530
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 131mg
- Fat: 29.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 6.2g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 56.4g
- Cholesterol: 158mg
Keywords: pan seared salmon, salmon recipes, sauce for salmon