Sea scallops pan-seared in a cast iron skillet with a lemon and herb butter sauce.
- 8 large sea scallops, side muscle removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of half a lemon, squeezed
- Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Mince the parsley and garlic and set aside. Add the olive oil to a 12 inch cast iron skillet and bring to high heat.
- Once skillet is hot, add the scallops to the pan and sear for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown on the top and bottom.
- Remove scallops from the skillet and set aside. Add the butter, garlic, lemon and fresh parsley to the skillet, stirring occasionally until fully melted.
- Return the scallops to the skillet and cook for an additional minute per side. Place on a serving dish and drizzle with extra lemon butter sauce as desired. Sprinkle with a pinch of leftover fresh herbs and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4 scallops
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 356mg
- Fat: 19.6g
- Saturated Fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 20.9g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
Keywords: pan-seared scallops, how to cook scallops