- 12 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 10–12 regular or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1–2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1/2 lime, juice squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and a dash of olive oil. Cook pappardelle pasta until al dente. Strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, sauté shrimp in olive oil until fully cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side (or until no longer translucent).
- Add butter, shallots and garlic to the saucepan and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add heavy cream, lime juice, and chopped parsley and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in pappardelle and cherry tomatoes until pasta is fully coated in the creamy white sauce. Let simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Lastly, drizzle with truffle oil before serving (truffle oil is strong so you will only need 1-2 tablespoons for the recipe).
- Serve immediately with a lime wedge and topped with additional chopped parsley.