Grass-fed burgers made with crumbled blue cheese and coated in cracked black pepper—essentially an au poivre cheeseburger.
- 1 pound PRE 92% Lean Ground Beef, made into 2 8 oz patties (or 3 5oz)
- 2 brioche buns, buttered and toasted
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 inch thick cut red onion slice, grilled
- leaf or romaine lettuce
- 2–3 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- melted butter, for toasting buns
- Combine ground beef, blue cheese, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together using your hands and form into 2 8-ounce burger patties (roughly 3/4 -1 inch thick). Lightly coat the edges of the burger with about 1 tablespoon of cracked black pepper (or to taste). More pepper will be slightly spicier.
- On medium-high heat, grill for 6-7 minutes per side, flipping once, until fully cooked through (for medium).
- Grill the entire slice of red onion for 2-3 minutes per side, separate slices when serving. Lightly toast the buttered buns flat side down. Top each burger with a slice of cheddar cheese for the last 30 seconds of grilling if desired.
- Assemble burgers with leaf lettuce, beef patty, grilled red onion, and chipolte mayonnaise.
You can line the grill with foil to cook the onions if you’re worried about them slipping through the cracks. Grilling an entire slice helps with this.
Keywords: burger recipes, blue cheese stuffed burger, pepper crusted burger, au poivre burger