A perfect Manhattan cocktail made with rye whiskey, both sweet and dry vermouth, bitters, orange, and sometimes a cherry.
- 3 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- 3/4 ounce dry vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Luxardo cherry for garnish
- Orange peel (optional)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir vigorously for 20 seconds and strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Twist and squeeze the orange peel over the cocktail to release the oils. Rub the rim of the glass with the peel and drop it into the cocktail. Garnish with 1 cherry and serve immediately.
Keywords: perfect manhattan cocktail