Easy pesto shrimp pasta made with fresh homemade pesto and shrimp sauteed in garlic and olive oil.
- 8 ounces spaghetti or linguine
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- ¾ – 1 cup pesto sauce
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil (if pesto is too thick)
- 3 cups basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the pesto
- Combine all pesto ingredients except for the olive oil in a food processor or blender. Blend until mixed and smooth. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until combined. Pesto should not be too soupy or fine. Set aside.
For the shrimp pasta
- Remove tails from the shrimp by pulling the tail off the base of the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of olive oil and cook spaghetti al dente.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan to medium-high heat. Add olive oil, minced garlic, shrimp, and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Cook until shrimp are no longer translucent and fully cooked through. 4-5 minutes per side.
- Once shrimp are fully cooked, strain off any excess juice, leaving 1-2 tablespoons behind in the pan.
- Strain spaghetti and add to the saucepan with the shrimp. Stir in 3/4 – 1 cup of pesto until evenly coated. Serve immediately topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.
If pesto is too thick, add a ¼ cup of olive oil so it spreads easily through the pasta.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 503
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 545mg
- Fat: 27.8g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
Keywords: pesto pasta, pesto shrimp pasta