The classic Philly cheesesteak sandwich, turned slider. Shaved ribeye, melted American and provolone cheese, and sauteed onions.
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless ribeye steak, shaved
- 12 slider buns
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place steaks in the freezer for 30-40 minutes before slicing. This will make shaving steaks thinly very easy. Cut partially frozen ribeyes in half widthwise and shave into 1/8 inch thick strips. Keep some fat and discard some fat as desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add thinly sliced onions and saute until golden and tender. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a small bowl.
- Add a touch more oil to the pan and add shaved ribeye steak. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Saute until fully cooked through and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Use the tip of a metal spatula to break up long strips into small bite-sized chunks. Return the onions to the skillet and mix with the beef.
- Arrange the bottom buns of the sliders on a greased 11×17 pan (no need to break apart attached buns). Spread an even layer of beef/onions over the buns. Top with a layer of American cheese slices and then a layer of provolone slices. You want a complete sheet of cheese coverage with no overlap.
- Bake sliders without the top buns for 5 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted. Remove from the oven, place top slider buns on cheesesteaks, and lightly brush with melted butter. Return to the oven for about 5 more minutes.
- Cut slider boarders with a knife if needed and serve immediately.
You can probably fit about 15 sliders (depending on size) on a single 11×17 baking sheet. 2 pounds of boneless ribeye is adequate for this many sliders.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 603
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 491mg
- Fat: 42.3g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 37.3g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
Keywords: sliders, cheesesteak sliders, philly cheesesteak sliders