Pizza fries are an easy gameday appetizer made with 3 ingredients. Waffle fries, pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Grab a fork because these fries are cheesy, saucy, and incredibly addicting.
- 1 pound bag frozen waffles fries
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (marinara sauce is fine)
- 8-ounce bag of shredded mozzarella cheese (used about 1–1/2 cups)
- Chopped basil, optional
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450℉.
- Bake fries first without toppings. If using a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, a pound of waffle fries will take about 35-40 minutes to bake (because of overlap). Toss halfway through to cook evenly. If using a baking sheet, follow cooking instructions on the bag. Do not underbake as cheese/sauce that will add moisture. Shoot for a nice crisp fry.
- Season fries with salt and pepper and top with a layer of pizza sauce and then mozzarella cheese. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. I like to broil for the last 1-2 minutes to give the cheese a golden finish.
- Remove from the oven, top with chopped basil, and serve with a fork.
You can opt for regular cut fries as well, the waffle fries just do an amazing job of holding onto the toppings better.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 861mg
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 10.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: pizza fries