This post is sponsored by Crave House.
Patty is always pushing me to incorporate more vegetarian meals into our diet. This usually falls on deaf ears because I’m such a protein-craving carnivore. It wasn’t until I came across Crave House™ plant-based meats that I finally found a delicious way for us to compromise.
These honey Sriracha meatballs served over jasmine rice are a light and fresh vegetarian dish that’s sweet, savory, and a little spicy. Fresh carrots and shaved cucumber are the perfect complementary sides that pull everything together for a complete meal. Crave House’s Italian-Style Meatballs are a delicious alternative to beef if you’re like me and need hearty protein-filled meals.
It’s amazing to taste just how far plant-based meat has come. I don’t think you’d ever argue this is a meatless meal if I put it in front of you. I love these meatballs because they’re healthier, easy to cook, and they fill me up! Thanks to pea-protein, a serving contains 17g of protein.
How to Prepare Crave House Meatballs
Crave house products come frozen and thaw relatively quickly at room temp. You can cook them frozen or thawed in a number of different ways. My personal preference is on the skillet on medium-low heat. Always cook until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165°F. A digital thermometer makes this a snap. Here are some helpful cooking tips Crave House sent me.
From thawed: Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place meatballs on the baking sheet, ensuring they do not touch. Bake on center rack for 18-24 minutes or until fully cooked.
From frozen: Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange meatballs on the baking sheet so they do not touch. Bake on center rack for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
From thawed: Heat skillet on medium heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Once the skillet is heated, add the meatballs. Cook on medium heat for 9-12 minutes. Continuously stir and flip meatballs to prevent burning and even cooking.
From frozen: Heat skillet on medium heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Once the skillet is heated, place frozen meatballs in the skillet. Cook on medium/medium-low heat for 20-24 minutes. Continuously stir and flip meatballs to ensure even cooking.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Open package and place meatballs on a baking sheet so they do not touch. Bake on center rack for 12-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
Honey Sriracha Sauce
The honey Sriracha sauce is a sweet and slightly spicy sauce that forms a nice sticky glaze. You can prepare the sauce in a small separate saucepan or add directly to the pan with the meatballs to heat/thicken. The only trick here is to bring to a slight simmer so the sauce thickens into a nice glaze. Be very careful not to burn the honey! If sauce get’s too thick, dilute with a little extra water. The sauce is pretty mild thanks to the honey, you can absolutely add more Sriracha if you want more pronounced spice.
While these meatballs works great in this dish, they are also phenomenal in a nice red sauce with your favorite pasta.
You’ll Also LovePrint
Simple sweet and savory plant-based honey sriracha meatballs served over jasmine rice with shaved cucumber and shredded carrots.
- 1 package Crave House Italian-Style Meatballs (12 meatballs)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and shaved into long strips (with a peeler)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- pinch of white sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- juice from half a lime
- 2–3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ground pepper, to taste
Creamy Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2–3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Prepare rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Place shaved cucumber in a small bowl with sugar and vinegar. Toss and set aside.
- Prepare creamy sriracha sauce. Add just enough water until the sauce is thin enough to drizzle without being too watery. Set aside.
- Combine honey Sriracha sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. For thawed meatballs, cook for 9-12 minutes. For frozen meatballs, cook for 20-24 minutes. Continuously stir and flip meatballs to prevent burning and ensure even cooking. I’d recommend starting with medium-low heat, especially if frozen. Heat until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Once meatballs are fully cooked through, add honey sriracha sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and toss the meatballs in the sauce until fully coated.
- Serve meatballs over rice with shaved cucumber and shredded carrots. Top with sesame seeds and a drizzle of creamy Sriracha sauce.
See the post above for other ways to prepare meatballs. My only tip is to not work with an overly hot pan to prevent burning.
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs with rice/toppings
- Calories: 514
- Sugar: 27.2g
- Sodium: 683mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 70.4g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: plant-based meatballs, honey sriracha meatballs, vegetarian dinners