Simple sweet and savory plant-based honey sriracha meatballs served over jasmine rice with shaved cucumber and shredded carrots.
- 1 package Crave House Italian-Style Meatballs (12 meatballs)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and shaved into long strips (with a peeler)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- pinch of white sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- juice from half a lime
- 2–3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- ground pepper, to taste
Creamy Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2–3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Prepare rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Place shaved cucumber in a small bowl with sugar and vinegar. Toss and set aside.
- Prepare creamy sriracha sauce. Add just enough water until the sauce is thin enough to drizzle without being too watery. Set aside.
- Combine honey Sriracha sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. For thawed meatballs, cook for 9-12 minutes. For frozen meatballs, cook for 20-24 minutes. Continuously stir and flip meatballs to prevent burning and ensure even cooking. I’d recommend starting with medium-low heat, especially if frozen. Heat until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Once meatballs are fully cooked through, add honey sriracha sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. Turn off the heat and toss the meatballs in the sauce until fully coated.
- Serve meatballs over rice with shaved cucumber and shredded carrots. Top with sesame seeds and a drizzle of creamy Sriracha sauce.
See the post above for other ways to prepare meatballs. My only tip is to not work with an overly hot pan to prevent burning.
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs with rice/toppings
- Calories: 514
- Sugar: 27.2g
- Sodium: 683mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 70.4g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: plant-based meatballs, honey sriracha meatballs, vegetarian dinners