Fig pizza made with fig jam and topped with fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, arugula, and a balsamic reduction.
- 18–20 ounces of pizza dough
- 4–5 heaping spoonfuls of fig spread/jam (1/2 cup)
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 6–8 1/4 inch slices fresh mozzarella (I use half of an 8-ounce mozzarella ball)
- 1–2 cups fresh arugula (or to taste)
- 2–3 tablespoons of balsamic reduction
- 1/4 cup semolina flour (or flour), for pizza peel
Balsamic reduction (yields 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and place the pizza stone in the oven and let preheat for one hour.
- Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a 12-inch crust.
- Place a small handful of flour/semolina flour onto the pizza peel and spread evenly to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Transfer the dough onto the peel. Spread a thin coating of fig jam over the dough until lightly but fully covered. Leave a 1.5-inch crust around the exterior. The back of a spoon works best. Add the mozzarella cheese first and then top with pieces of torn prosciutto.
- Slide the finished pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 10-15 minutes. Be sure to carefully watch the oven because all ovens will cook at different rates. Sometimes it will only take 10 minutes to fully cook.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Top with fresh arugula and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
- Add balsamic vinegar and sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring frequently so the vinegar doesn’t burn. Simmer until reduced by half or desired thickness is reached. Usually 10-15 minutes. The glaze will continue to thicken as it cools.
Making your own balsamic is easy, it just takes time and also needs to cool to be the right consistency. Store-bought balsamic tastes great and really comes in handy for pizza night. It also has a long shelf life!
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 18.9g
- Sodium: 734mg
- Fat: 20.1g
- Saturated Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
Keywords: prosciutto pizza, prosciutto and arugula pizza, fig pizza