Savory prosciutto, fig, and arugula pizza topped with fresh sliced mozzarella cheese, fig jam, and fresh arugula.
- 18–20 ounces pizza dough
- 4–5 heaping spoonfuls fig spread (jam)
- Sliced prosciutto, as desired
- 6–7 1/4 inch slices fresh mozzarella (8 ounce mozzarella ball)
- 1–2 cups fresh arugula (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for crust
- garlic powder, for crust
- 1/4 cup cornmeal (or flour), for pizza peel
- Preheat the oven to 500° F and place the pizza stone in the oven and let preheat for one hour.
- Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a 12 inch crust.
- Place a small handful of cornmeal onto the pizza peel and spread evenly to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Transfer the dough onto the peel. Top with a light coating of olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder if desired. Spread the fig jam over the dough until lightly but fully covered. Add the mozzarella cheese first and then top with the prosciutto.
- Slide finished pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 10-15 minutes. Be sure to carefully watch the oven because all ovens will cook at different rates. Sometimes it will only take 10 minutes to fully cook.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, top with fresh arugula, and serve.
Keywords: prosciutto pizza, prosciutto and arugula pizza, fig pizza