Introducing my sister Carol’s famous spinach and cheese dip. Well, famous within my own friends and family. Formerly known as espinaca con queso – this favorite frequently appears at family parties and is almost always gone in an instant. You would never guess it was made in a microwave in minutes…yes a microwave.
Possibly the easiest spinach dip you will ever make and it is absolutely delicious. I can brag about this extra hard because it’s not mine. Serve with tortilla chips or anything else you prefer. Pile all of the ingredients in a microwavable safe bowl and microwave in 2 minute intervals until fully melted and smooth.
- 1 pound America deli cheese (not individually wrapped kind)
- ½ a package well drained and thawed chopped frozen spinach
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 2-3 tablespoons salsa (or to taste)
- Thaw and dry the spinach well with paper towel before starting. You want to make sure you get the spinach as dry as possible so it doesn't make the dip watery
- Cut the cheese into dice sized cubes while still stacked, it's okay if the slices remain stuck together. Combine all of the ingredients in a microwavable safe bowl except for the salsa.
- Microwave for 2 minute intervals until fully melted and smooth, be sure to stir in between intervals.
- Lastly, stir in salsa and serve immediately. If the mixture seems too thick you can add a little extra milk. A little goes a long way.