A simple pear and pomegranate salad topped with bites of slow-roasted brown sugar pork belly. A delicious sweet and savory salad.
- 1 Package, AdapTable Meals Brown Sugar Boneless Pork Belly
- 10-ounce package spring salad mix
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup candied pecans (look in the baking aisle)
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- feta cheese, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place a baking rack on a sheet pan lined with foil. Add pork belly strips. Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until internal temperature on a meat thermometer reaches 200-210°F. Let rest for 3 minutes and cut into 1-inch-wide chunks.
- Prepare dressing in a small bowl. Mix until fully incorporated and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- While pork belly roasts, prepare salads and top as desired with 4-5 pear slices, 1-2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, candied pecans, and a sprinkle of feta cheese. Drizzle all over with honey Dijon dressing and top with 4-5 bites of pork belly.
If you don’t have access to AdapTable Meals products, you can slice, season with a rub of brown sugar, salt, and pepper, and slow-roast pork belly.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 873
- Sugar: 26.4
- Sodium: 733mg
- Fat: 72.7
- Saturated Fat: 25.6
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 16.2g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
Keywords: roasted pork belly, pork belly recipes, pear salad, holiday salad