Delicious seafood piccata recipe made with salmon or steelhead trout in a flavorful and tangy piccata sauce.
- 1 pound salmon or steelhead trout filet (two 6-8oz cuts), skin removed**
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons (juice from 1 lemon plus slices for garnish)
- 2–3 tablespoons of capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Place flour on a plate and dredge fish in the flour until completely coated.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a sizzle.
- Place fish in the pan, sear each side for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan and place on a clean plate.
- reduce heat to low and let pan cool for a few minutes. Add lemon juice and minced garlic to the pan. Sauté about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add capers and wine. Simmer for 3 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Add chicken broth and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and chopped parsley. Simmer until slightly thickened and butter emulsifies (If too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water).
- Return fish to pan, coat with piccata sauce. Serve with lemon slices over pasta or with vegetables.
Can also use haddock or cod, just note it tends to be really flakey and easily breaks apart.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 622
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 840mg
- Fat: 33.4g
- Saturated Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 48.8g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
Keywords: Fish piccata, trout piccata, salmon piccata recipe