This creamy pesto salmon recipe was originally inspired by Kraft, however I prepare mine slightly different. I pan sear my salmon and add more pesto and garlic…of course. This all stems from my obsession with pesto and finding new ways to use it. I also think pan seared salmon holds the juices in better than grilling it. Sometimes the grill will dry it out.
This is a very different take on salmon. The cream cheese and pesto actually go together surprisingly well with salmon. It’s almost like a creamy Alfredo sauce on top of salmon. You could potentially substitute for an Alfredo sauce and serve over pasta…which sounds like a great idea. Someone try that and report back to me! Salmon proves again to be a really versatile fish despite it’s particular taste. I made this with bacon brussel sprouts if you want to check it out.Print
- 4 salmon filets, skin removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, for cooking
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil.
- season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Sear salmon for 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine milk, cream cheese, pesto, and garlic in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Cook until fully melted and creamy. about 5 minutes.
- Serve salmon topped with 2-3 tablespoons of pesto sauce.