- 1 pound salmon filet
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- green onions, chopped
Sesame Ginger Glaze
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha (add more if you want extra spice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice from half a lime
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together ginger glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray and place the salmon fillet in the center (note: you may need to use two overlapped pieces of foil for larger surface area). Fold up all 4 sides of the foil. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Pour the ginger glaze over the entire piece of salmon. It’s okay if some pools around the sides.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon, covering completely, and seal into a closed packet. Place on a baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes for medium.
- Remove from the oven and carefully open the foil, exposing the top of the fillet. Spoon some of the runoff ginger glaze over the top of the fillet, return to the oven and broil on high for 3-5 minutes for a browned top.
- Serve immediately garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.