Simple breakfast pizza made with crispy bacon, breakfast sausage links, mozzarella cheese, and gooey sunny side up eggs. It’s got all the elements of breakfast and PERFECT for brunch parties.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 8 slices bacon, fully cooked and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6–8 breakfast sausage links, fully cooked and thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (or 50–50 mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cook bacon in the oven or skillet until just cooked through but still tender. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Brown sausages in a pan on medium heat until cooked through. Chop bacon and sausage and set aside.
- Roll out dough into a large rectangle. Transfer to a greased 11×17 pan, covering the entire bottom of the pan with no dough hanging over the sides or up the edges of the pan. Drizzle oil over the entire crust and use the back of a spoon or basting brush to spread evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Layer cheese leaving a 1/2 inch crust around the edges. Top with sausage and bacon. Sprinkle with green onions and bake for about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and crack 6 eggs in two rows over the pizza. Start in the middle and work outward to ensure even distribution. Crack carefully so the yolks and whites stay intact. Sometimes it helps to crack eggs into a small prep bowl and gently transfer to the pizza. It’s OK if a little spills onto the crust.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until crust just starts to brown and egg whites are no longer translucent. You want yolks to be runny.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve sliced.
I used mozzarella cheese, but you can use cheddar or a blend of the two. The recipe calls for about 1 1/2 cups of cheese, which is the majority of an 8-ounce bag of shredded cheese.
- Serving Size: 1/6 pan
- Calories: 375
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Sodium: 503mg
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrates: 30.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Cholesterol: 197mg
Keywords: Breakfast pizza recipe, brunch recipes