Simple creamy gnocchi is a date-night worthy dish that takes about 25 minutes to pull together. A fancy, hearty weeknight tested dinner that is creamy, cheesy and delicious.
- 16 ounces marinara
- 2 pounds potato gnocchi
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup baby mozzarella balls or pearls
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt for water
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi and boil for 3-4 minutes or until gnocchi float to the surface.
- Meanwhile, combine marinara, garlic, chopped basil, Parmesan cheese, and white wine in a 12 inch skillet. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add cream and strained gnocchi to the skillet with the marinara. Mix until cream is fully combined and gnocchi evenly distributed. Top with baby mozzarella and place in the oven on high broil until cheese fully melts, about 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately!
If you cut recipe in half (only use 1 pound of gnocchi), I would still use the same amount of sauce/sauce ingredients for simplicity/ to ensure you have enough.
Keywords: Gnocchi recipes, creamy gnocchi pasta