- 18–20 ounces pizza dough
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced and caramelized
- 2 tablespoons butter, for caramelizing onions
- Oregano for crust (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a 12 inch crust and set aside.
- In your 15 inch cast iron skillet on medium-low heat, caramelize the onions by lightly sautéing with butter, flipping occasionally. Cook until golden brown and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove onions from the skillet and set aside. Turn up the heat to medium-high and sauté the chicken in the cast iron skillet until fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, remove, and set aside.
- Quickly rinse the skillet in cool water and wipe dry with a paper towel, spray the inside evenly with cooking spray and set aside.
- Transfer the dough to the skillet, leaving crust 1/2 an inch up the sides of the skillet. Sprinkle with oregano if desired. Evenly layer BBQ sauce and top with chicken, caramelized onions, and cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is fully melted. Remove from the oven, let cool, and serve.