Boneless cilantro lime chicken thighs seared in a cast iron skillet and then sauteed in a honey-based cilantro and lime marinade.
- 4–6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for searing
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine cilantro lime sauce ingredients in a bowl, whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Season chicken thighs liberally with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet on medium heat. Once warm, add the chicken and sear for about 6-8 minutes. Flip and sear for an additional 6-8 minutes. See note below.
- Add the cilantro lime sauce, let sauce simmer until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Flip the chicken in the sauce until well coated. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired and serve.
It helps to unfold the chicken thighs so they lie flat in the skillet. They will cook much quicker and more evenly this way. Typically packaged chicken thighs are slightly rolled into a more circular shape.
- Serving Size: About 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 17.6g
- Sodium: 586mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 32.4g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
Keywords: cilantro lime chicken thighs, cast iron chicken thighs, chicken recipes