- 1 can (15 ounces) 100% Pure Pumpkin (I use LIBBY’S)
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 10 inch unbaked pie crust
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin purée and sugar-spiced mixture. Slowly stir in evaporated milk.
- Line a greased 8-10 inch cast iron skillet with a pie crust, crimping the outer edges at the top with your thumb and index finger. Pour in pie mixture.
- Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F, bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool on stove top for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.