- 1/2–1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Extra lime wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Creamy lime sauce
- 3 tablespoons lite sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juice squeezed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch, chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all your shrimp taco toppings and set aside. Mix the creamy lime sauce in a small bowl and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove the tails from the shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Place in a medium bowl and squeeze juice from half a lime over the shrimp. Add the seasoning mix and toss until shrimp are fully coated.
- Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet. Once melted, add the remaining 1/2 clove of minced garlic and simmer for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and no longer transparent.
- Warm the tortillas for 10-15 seconds in the microwave and assemble your shrimp tacos with your desired toppings. Sliced avocado, shredded cabbage, cilantro and creamy lime sauce. Serve with extra lime wedges.