Perfect for summer, spicy squid ink pasta with mussels is prepared in a spicy red arrabiata sauce over squid ink spaghetti.
- 1/2 pound squid ink spaghetti or linguine
- 1–2 pound mussels, rinsed and beards removed (if any)
- 10–12 ounces arrabiata sauce
- 1/4 cup cream or half and half
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, rinse and remove beards from the mussels. If any of the shells remain open or do not fully close when rinsing, discard as these are dead.
- In a large covered saucepan on medium-high heat, add arrabiata sauce, mussels, cream, garlic, half the fresh parsley, and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until mussels open on their own, about 5 minutes.
- Serve mussels and arrabiata sauce over spaghetti with the remaining chopped fresh parsley.
Keywords: spicy squid ink pasta recipe, mussels