A rich and creamy pasta sauce made with a simple marinara, cream, and Parmesan cheese. Tossed with littleneck clams and strozzapreti.
- 12–16 ounces Strozzapreti pasta (gemelli or similar works)
- 20 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 pound littleneck clams
- 1/2 cup light or regular cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- chopped fresh basil for garnish
- 1/3 cup vodka (optional)
- Rinse clams under cool water. If any remain slightly open and do not shut after a minute, discard as these are dead.
- In a large lidded saucepan, combine marinara, Parmesan, garlic, littleneck clams, and optional vodka. Turn to medium heat, cover, and bring to a simmer. Simmer about 5 minutes or until clams fully open. Reduce to low heat to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook al dente, about 10-12 minutes. Strain pasta and add to the clam and marinara saucepan along with cream, toss until cream and pasta is fully mixed together and takes on a nice orange hue.
- Plate and garnish with freshly chopped basil.
Keywords: strozzapreti pasta, strozzapreti recipe, italian recipes