Sweet, tangy, and spicy chicken served over jasmine rice with roasted coconut broccoli.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2–3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
sweet & spicy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2–3 teaspoons sriracha (add more if you’d like it more spicy)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice squeezed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Whisk together all sweet and spicy sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss broccoli florets in coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil and then stir in the rice with a pinch of salt. Cover immediately and reduce the heat to low or simmer. It’s done in about 15 minutes. Keep warm off heat and covered.
- While rice is simmering, heat two tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a medium sized pan. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden and fully cooked though, about 10 minutes. Add the sweet and spicy sauce and bring back to a gentle simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens and fully coats the chicken, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve rice in bowls topped with chicken and roasted broccoli. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve with lime wedges.
Keywords: sweet and spicy chicken, asian chicken