Sweet, tangy, and spicy chicken thighs served over jasmine rice. A simple homemade spin on classic takeout.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed (can also use chicken breast)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 green onions, diagonally thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
sweet & spicy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice (1 orange freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a small bowl or measuring glass, whisk together all sweet and spicy sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Place chicken in a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Toss to lightly coat the chicken. Add more as needed.
- Cook rice according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- While rice is cooking, heat two tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a large pan or skillet. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden and fully cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sweet and spicy sauce to the pan and bring it back to a gentle simmer. Simmer until the sauce thickens and fully coats the chicken, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 537
- Sugar: 18.8g
- Sodium: 465mg
- Fat: 15.9g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 63.4g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 39g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
Keywords: sweet and spicy chicken, asian chicken