- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (add more if you’d like it more spicy)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 a lime, juice squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- black pepper, to taste
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Whisk together all sweet and spicy sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Dredge chicken thighs in corn starch until lightly coated on all sides.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook until fully cooked through, about 6-7 minutes per side.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate. Turn the burner down to low heat and wait 30 seconds for the pan to cool. Add the sweet and spicy sauce to the skillet, whisking so it does not burn. Simmer until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, turning in the sauce to fully coat. Let simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes. Serve over white rice or quinoa.