Sesame orange cauliflower is another delicious, healthy-ish weeknight veggie the whole family will say YES, YES, YES to. I’m probably the last person to hop on the cauliflower bandwagon. I get the craze but at the same time I don’t—cauliflower essentially becomes the flavor of whatever you put on it, but it’s otherwise flavorless.
Well, I’ve had a slight change of heart. I recently had a really good buffalo cauliflower app. It tasted like bits of buffalo chicken covered in buffalo sauce. Well, that sort of got me thinking about experimenting with other sauces I typically use on chicken.
The Orange Sauce
Orange cauliflower is made with an orange sticky sauce made from honey, fresh orange juice, sriracha, garlic, soy sauce, and ground ginger. It’s the perfect blend of flavors and soaks right into the cauliflower, making a REALLY flavorful Asian-inspired veggie.
Freshly squeezed orange juice is the best, but you can also use bottled OJ.
How to Make Orange Cauliflower
Two simple steps: Roasted cauliflower in the oven for the perfect golden tender finish tossed in a simple sticky glaze on the stovetop. We need to apply heat to the honey-based sauce with a little cornstarch to help thicken it so it’s reminiscent of your favorite orange chicken. It’s sticky, gooey, and will adhere right to the cauliflower.
You’ll Also Love
- Honey sriracha brussel sprouts
- Sweet and spicy chicken and broccoli
- Hibachi-style fried rice
- Beef and broccoli
Orange cauliflower is made with an orange sticky sauce made from honey, fresh orange juice, sriracha, garlic, soy sauce, and ground ginger.
- 1 head of cauliflower, separated into florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cooking spray
Orange Sesame Sauce
- 1 orange, juice squeezed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch sriracha
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 °F
- Rinse cauliflower and separate into small florets. Arrange on a greased baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a skillet or non-stick pan, heat sauce on medium heat until thickened. Turn down to medium low and add cauliflower to the pan.
- Toss the cauliflower in the sauce and let simmer for 2-3 additional minutes until fully coated and warm. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
If sauce is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Serving Size: About 2 cups
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 23.5g
- Sodium: 511mg
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 29.8g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: orange cauliflower, roasted cauliflower