The tequila mule is simply a Moscow mule made with tequila in place of vodka. In my opinion, it’s way better thanks to tequila’s abundance of character.
- 4 ounces ginger beer (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- 2 ounces tequila (vodka for classic variation)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- Mint leaves, lime wedge, or candied ginger garnish
- Pour lime juice and tequila into a copper mug and fill with ice. Top with ginger beer and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge and mint leaves if desired.
Ginger beer comes in two forms. One is a non-alcoholic soda stocked at most grocery stores, and the other is actually a hard soda with alcohol. Crabbie’s is a popular spiked option if you want a more potent cocktail. You can use either one however non-alcoholic ginger beer is easier to find.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 10.1g
- Sodium: 9mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make a moscow mule with tequila, tequila mule recipe