Delicious and moist blueberry muffins made with blueberry greek yogurt. Your search for the perfect muffin recipe is over.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberry greek yogurt (I like Chobani fruit on the bottom)
- 1 1/2–2 cups blueberries, rinsed, stems removed
- Sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until well mixed. This works best with soft butter, you can use a mixer or hendheld pastry cutter. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking or beating well after each egg until creamy. Add vanilla extract and yogurt and mix until fully incorporated and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to the liquid mixture, a little at a time, beating until fully mixed in.
- Fold in the blueberries with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. It works best to add blueberries in batches for even distribution.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners (or grease tin without liners) and fill with batter to just about the top of each cup. The batter is fairly thick, so do your best to fill the cups evenly. Sprinkle a little sugar over each muffin and bake for about 30 minutes. or until toothpick returns clean.
- Let muffins cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
You can use regular greek yogurt for this recipe, the blueberry just adds amazing additional blueberry flavor. Your favorite plain or vanilla greek yogurt should do.
You can make this recipe with or without an electic mixture.
You can substitute for 1/2 a cup of milk in place of greek yogurt if you prefer to not use yogurt, they are just not nearly as good.
Keywords: greek yogurt blueberry muffins, blueberry muffin recipe