Tomatillo verde sauce & cheese dip is the perfect Cinco de Mayo party recipe.
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese block
- 10 oz fontina
- 12 oz jar tomatillo verde sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start the oven to Low Broil and move oven grate to second to highest setting, about 4 inches from broiler.
- Cut the mozzarella into about 3/4 inch cubes. Cut fontina into slightly smaller pieces.
- Place inside the slightly oiled skillet, leaving about 1/2 inch away from the sides and not going higher than two cubes stacked.
- Spoon in the tomatillo verde sauce along the sides.
- Heat about 7 minutes, or until top of cheese starts to brown.
- Take from oven, cool 4 minutes (CAUTION skillet will still be hot – use a trivet or the stovetop or granite countertop) and then top with chopped cilantro or scallions or dip straight with favorite tortilla chip.
Keywords: cheese dip