A boozy spin on whipped coffee. Whipped coffee poured over vanilla vodka and Bailey’s Irish Cream. Super simple, easy to make, and creamy. No mixer required.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee or espresso (decaf okay too)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot/boiling water
- 1 1/2 ounces Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1/2 once vanilla or regular vodka
- Heat water in a microwave-safe measuring cup for 1-2 minutes or until simmering. Transfer to a cocktail shaker with sugar and instant coffee. Shake for 45 sec – 1 min vigorously until thickened and creamy. You can also use a whisk or electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy. Just to note, hand-shaken coffee will render very creamy coffee, not as stiff and fluffy as electric-mixed coffee.
- Pour Bailey’s and vodka in a double old fashioned glass over ice, stir.
- Top with a layer of whipped coffee and serve. You may need to spoon out with rubber spatula and may not use full amount. You can prob make two cocktails with the whipped coffee recipe above, however, use 3 tablespoons each for a little extra.
To whip coffee, you can alternatively use an electric mixer on medium-high speed or hand whisk until creamy. A lidded mason or BlenderBottle also work for shaking.
You can make this cocktail less boozy by pairing with a mix of 3-4 ounces coconut milk and Irish cream. Still a delicious nightcap with added coconut flavor and more of a spiked coffee feel.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 26.5g
- Sodium: 45mg
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Carbohydrates: 29.8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
Keywords: Whipped coffee cocktail