Delicious whole roasted 4 pound chicken, seasoned with paprika and based with garlic butter and lemon sauce. A Juicy tender inside with crispy golden skin.
- 1 4 pound whole chicken roaster
- 2–3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven for 425° F.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Add garlic and lemon juice and stir. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from the package and rinse under cool water. Remove any bagged contents from inside the chicken if any. Pat the outside of the chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to an oven-safe skillet.
- Season the entire chicken with salt and pepper and rub with paprika all over. Baste all over with lemon butter garlic sauce until you’ve used it all (legs, wings, tops, sides).
- Transfer to the oven (with the chicken about 10 inches from the heat source) and roast for 55-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° F. When the juices run clear when you slice between a leg and thigh, the chicken is done.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes, lightly tented with foil IN the skillet for 15 minutes before carving.
Test with a digital themometer in a few places to ensure chicken reaches 165°. Check top of the breast and sides.
This recipe is meant for a 4-pound chicken roaster. A 5-6 pound bird will take closer to an hour 15-20.
- Serving Size: About 1 lb
- Calories: 667
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 217mg
- Fat: 37.5g
- Saturated Fat: 14.2g
- Carbohydrates: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 78.2g
- Cholesterol: 317mg
Keywords: whole roasted chicken, lemon butter roasted chicken