Get ready for warm weather because I’ve got your new favorite summer-inspired truffle pasta dish on the hook. Pappardelle pasta with shrimp and creamy truffle oil is a spin-off recipe inspired by Tight restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Patty devoured it and I mentally filed it away as my latest and greatest pappardelle recipe. That was almost two years ago so let’s say I’ve been saving this one for just the right moment.
This particular recipe was a unique pappardelle pasta dish drizzled with truffle oil, lime juice, and topped with freshly chopped herbs (this is why I love Copenhagen. Lime and truffle oil — how interesting is that combo?) I added my own twist by incorporating a cream-based sauce with olive oil, butter, garlic, cherry tomatoes, and shallots. Seriously, do I need to go on any further?
How to Use Truffle Oil in Pasta
The key to using truffle oil in pasta is to add it when all cooking is nearly complete. Truffle oil will easily cook-off at high temperatures. Thanks to its potent flavor, it’s best added as a small finishing touch to pasta dishes. This will ensure as much truffle flavor comes through.
That’s why I love this recipe. It’s packed with truffle oil flavor (I’m a huge fan of truffle oil) and simple whole ingredients. It’s a pasta forward dish that’s light and slightly creamy, not to mention delicious.
It’s sure to impress with a gourmet feel, but incredibly simple and light. Pair with your favorite white wine and you’ll be well on your way to Copenhagen.Print
Pappardelle pasta served in a cream-based sauce with butter, garlic, cherry tomatoes, lime, truffle oil and shallots.
- 12 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 10–12 regular or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1–2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1/2 lime, juice squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and a dash of olive oil. Cook pappardelle pasta until al dente. Strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, sauté shrimp in olive oil until fully cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side (or until no longer translucent).
- Add butter, shallots and garlic to the saucepan and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add heavy cream, lime juice, and chopped parsley and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in pappardelle and cherry tomatoes until pasta is fully coated in the creamy white sauce. Let simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Lastly, drizzle with truffle oil before serving (truffle oil is strong so you will only need 1-2 tablespoons for the recipe).
- Serve immediately with a lime wedge and topped with additional chopped parsley.
Keywords: truffle pasta, truffle oil recipes, truffle pasta recipe