Crispy honey mustard chicken tenders are inspired by a salmon dish we make A LOT. Salmon brushed in homemade honey dijon mustard and breaded with panko crumbs—it’s crispy, light and delicious (check it out…I wish I thought of it first). So why not try the same process with the more popular duo?
Fried chicken and honey mustard are a match made in heaven. Who doesn’t love crispy fried chicken dipped in honey mustard? I survived college thanks to chicken tenders. These are so easy to make and baked for a healthier alternative, without sacrificing any crunch or flavor.
The Best Baked Chicken Tenders
Baked chicken tenders are all about the crunch. Panko crumbs are better than traditional breadcrumbs because they really crisp up in the oven. You could use your favorite pre-made honey mustard however, I combine equal parts dijon mustard and honey for fancier flavor.
The honey mustard serves as the glue for the panko crumbs, adding the much-needed additional flavor when baking tenders. I’ll be the first to admit it’s really hard to beat real fried chicken.
I usually use pre-cut chicken tenders, they’re cheap and you can buy a lot of them, however, you can slice your own tenders out of chicken breast if that’s all you have on hand.
I dare you to find an 8-year-old that won’t devour these. Best served with a beer…unless you are indeed an 8-year-old.
More Gameday Appetizers
- Skillet buffalo chicken dip
- Southwest chicken skillet
- Honey buffalo wings
- Dry rub air fryer wings
- Chicken parmesan calzone
- BBQ pulled pork sliders
- BBQ ribs
Delicious, crispy baked honey mustard chicken tenders, dredges in honey mustard and coated in crispy panko crumbs.
- 8–10 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Additional honey mustard, ranch, or ketchup for serving
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine honey and dijon mustard in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside. Combine panko crumbs and garlic in a medium bowl, mix and set aside.
- Season chicken liberally all over with salt and pepper. Brush/baste tenders with the honey mustard sauce and then toss in panko crumbs until fully coated. Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked through and the exterior is golden and crispy. Serve with ketchup, honey mustard, and or ranch.
- Serving Size: 2 tenders
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 470mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
Keywords: baked chicken tenders, honey mustard chicken