This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase a product I recommend.
Buffalo chicken pizza is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me. Oh, and marrying my wife, Patty too. When my friends and I order pizza out we don’t even speak about it—it’s just mutually understood that we’re getting “buff chick.”
Now I really prefer homemade buffalo chicken pizza. In my opinion, it’s perfect in every way because it’s so easy to make with very simple ingredients. There’s nothing on this pizza that shouldn’t be. Let’s keep the creamy blue cheese on the side, people.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza
I keep buffalo chicken pizza simple. Grilled (or crispy) chicken, fresh mozzarella, red onions, buffalo sauce, and optional jalapenos. I started experimenting with fresh sliced mozzarella and I really like the result. It’s fresh and feels fancier.
Top your rolled out dough with a thin layer of buffalo sauce, followed by sliced mozzarella, grilled chicken, red onion, and jalapeno. It’s the perfect gourmet buffalo chicken pizza. The chicken must be fully cooked before you bake it.
No Red Sauce?
Correct. Buffalo sauce replaces any form of tomato or pizza sauce on this pie. If you find a nice mild buffalo sauce (I like Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce), it won’t create an inferno in your mouth. If you don’t have any buffalo sauce on hand you can make your own by adding melted butter into regular hot sauce. Traditional red sauce just doesn’t jive.
How to Make Buffalo Sauce with Hot Sauce
1/2 cup medium regular hot sauce with 1/4 cup melted butter should do the trick. It’s pretty amazing how it transforms into the beautiful taste of buffalo sauce.
How to Use a Pizza Stone
I cook all of my pizzas using a pizza stone. I heat the stone up for one hour in the oven at 500°F before baking. Slide the pizza in using a well-floured pizza peel and bake for 10-15 minutes for the perfect finish every time. You can read more about this method and how to make better pizza at home here.
More Buffalo Chicken RecipesPrint
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Buffalo chicken pizza made with grilled (or crispy) chicken, fresh mozzarella, red onions, and buffalo sauce.
- 18–20 ounces pizza dough
- 1 8 ounce chicken breast cut into bite-sized cubes (fully cooked)
- 6–7 1/4 inch slices fresh mozzarella (8 ounce ball)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- sliced fresh jalapeno
- 1/3 cup flour (for crust)
- Pinch of salt
- Ranch/blue cheese dressing on the side for serving
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and place the pizza stone in the oven and let preheat for one hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes and cook on medium heat in a small oiled saucepan or skillet. Fully cook until golden, remove from the heat, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce until lightly covered. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough into a 12-inch crust. Sprinkle evenly with a little salt.
- Place a small handful of flour onto the pizza peel and spread evenly to prevent the dough from sticking to the pizza peel.
- Transfer the dough onto the peel. Evenly coat with buffalo sauce leaving a ½ inch crust. Add the chicken, fresh mozzarella, and finish with sliced red onion and optional jalapeno slices.
- Slide the finished pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Be sure to carefully watch the oven because all ovens will cook at different rates. Sometimes it will only take 10 minutes to fully cook. Remove from the oven, let cool, and serve.
Test your jalapenos before topping your pizza. Some are HOT while others are very mild.
You can substitute chicken breast for crispy chicken if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 579
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 974mg
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 70.4
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 40.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken pizza
It is great pizza recipe.I like to eat pizza of different varieties. I will try this one.Great work keep it up..!!
What kind of pre-made pizza dough do you use? Ive tried a cpl different ones but found them to be kinda blah. Yours looks very appetizing. I love ❤️ Buff Chick pizza ?
Hey Heather – I use Portland Pie brand. It’s a local New England restaurant so I can get it at the grocery store. Not sure where you are. Otherwise, I really just use anything. I would try making your own and see what happens. Also, thinner crust may help from it being too much dough.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
I don’t want this pizza, I need this pizza. And it’s not even 9 AM. But seriously, this looks amazing! I’ve gotta give this recipe a try ASAP!
Haha thanks Karly. I feel like I torture myself when writing these posts…I want them all over again!