Everyone loves sweet potato fries, that goes without saying—but obviously they’re not great you…Instead, I make a simple and healthier alternative (just as delicious). Baked sweet potato fries are made with a little olive oil and plenty of seasoning. Garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper for the win.
Sweet potato fries are all the rage right now so I thought I would hop on the bandwagon. I won’t even charge you an extra dollar to substitute for regular fries either. My secret? Lots of spices. Don’t be afraid to season up the fries if you’re looking for lots of flavor. It also makes up for the lack of being fried part, which let’s face it…it’s hard to beat. Not to brag, but I’ve been told these are better than homemade deep fried sweet potato fries, so not all hope is lost.
You can use this recipe for regular fries as well. Cut the fries into restaurant style strips and toss in a bowl with olive oil and seasoning until evenly coated. Bake at 450° F for 25-30 minutes until golden and crispy. I usually leave the skin on but you can remove if you prefer. And there you have it. Simple and healthier restaurant style hand-cut fries.Print
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into restaurant style fries. About 1/4-1/2 inch thick (no need to remove skin).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine sweet potatoes fries, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix until all fries are fully seasoned.
- Spread onto a greased pan and bake at 450° F for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. let sit for 5 minutes before serving.