Cilantro lime rice is the perfect side for a variety of dishes. Cilantro lime rice goes great with Mexican dishes (especially burrito bowls), seafood (like my cilantro lime salmon), and even a lot of Asian-inspired dishes. It’s one of our favorite light and flavorful sides for any season. My cilantro lime rice is made with long grain rice of your choice, fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice, olive oil, and salt.
You’ll Also Love
- Blackened salmon with cilantro lime butter
- Chicken burrito bowls
- Seared tuna with cilantro lime aioli
- Cilantro lime salmon in foil
- Cilantro lime chicken thighs
Simple cilantro lime rice made with fresh cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and salt.
- 1 cup long grain, jasmine, or basmati rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3–4 tablespoons very finely chopped cilantro, stems included
- 1/2 lime, juice squeezed
- salt, to taste
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package. Let rest covered for 5 minutes after it has been removed from the heat.
- With the rice still in the saucepan, fluff the rice using a fork. Add olive oil and season with salt, to taste. Toss to mix. Add cilantro and lime juice. Toss until cilantro is evenly distributed. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately. Add additional lime juice (or zest), cilantro, or salt as needed.
While I typically use jasmine or another long-grain rice, any white rice should work for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 2.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0,4g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cilantro lime rice