I created this creamy avocado sauce a few years ago in search for the perfect, rich and flavorful sauce for pan-seared salmon. The salmon recipe has become so popular that I think it’s time to share creamy avocado sauce on its own. While it’s delicious paired with salmon, I’d imagine it would be great with just about anything.
I’ve tried avocado sauce with pasta and it’s REALLY good—it’s like a thicker, richer pesto. A few simple ideas off the top of my head: creamy salad dressing (if you add more cream or oil to thin it out), a dip for baked sweet potatoes wedges or chips, or a creamy topping for blackened fish tacos of any kind.
I think you get the picture, the sky is the limit—in fact, I’d be really curious to learn what you folks come up with.Print
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- half a lemon, juice squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup light cream or half & half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more cream or olive oil (or both) to make the sauce thinner as desired.