These crispy roasted restaurant-style brussels sprouts have quickly become our favorite way to prepare brussels sprouts. These brussels are halved and roasted cut side down on a hot baking sheet until they’re golden brown and ultra tender. The cooking method is very important when it comes to the overall texture of these brussels. A crispy exterior with a near-creamy interior is difficult to replicate by other means
While you can certainly eat them as is, these brussels are finished with a light drizzle of balsamic glaze, honey, and freshly zested lemon. It’s an amazing sweet and savory experience with loads of rich flavor. Crispy, tender, and flavorful in every bite.
You’ll Also Love
- Honey sriracha brussels sprouts
- Roasted brussels with bacon and parmesan
- Lemon and parmesan broccoli
- Orange cauliflower
- Garlic & parmesan fingerling potatoes with duck fat
- Rosemary red potatoes
Crispy roasted restaurant-style brussels sprouts drizzled with honey and balsamic glaze. The perfect sweet and savory veggie to obsess over.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, de-stemmed and halved
- 1 lemon, for zesting (lime works too)
- balsamic glaze (can buy premade in a convenient squeeze container)
- honey (regular or hot honey)
- 2–3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place a heavy duty rimmed baking in the oven as it preheats. Once the oven is preheated, remove the pan and drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil over the baking sheet. Tilt the pan to coat the bottom. Add more as needed.
- Arrange brussels sprouts cut side down with no overlap. Drizzle additional oil over the brussels and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast until deep golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer brussels to a bowl and drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze to taste. I usually do a thin drizzle, toss, and repeat. Finally, zest a little lemon or lime over the brussels and serve. Don’t skip this part, it really makes the flavors POP!
You can also cook these in an air fryer. Air fry at 400°F for 17-20 minutes, tossing halfway through for even cooking. I never preheat mine. The volume may have to be a little smaller depending on the size of your air fryer. Just note, the texture and flavor experience will be different than the sheet pan method.
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 30mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted brussels sprouts