My watermelon margarita is FRESH and refreshing. Made with homemade watermelon juice, fresh lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and simple sugar, it’s literally summer in a glass. These are best served on the rocks, but they can also be made frozen. Looking for some more zip? Add a jalapeno garnish or a dash of Tabasco—one of my favorite additions.
I use a blender to puree/liquify seedless watermelon into a juice of sorts. One cup of chopped watermelon equals about 6 ounces (two servings of watermelon juice). If you don’t have a blender, a single-serve blender such as a NutriBullet or Ninja works even better.
This recipe is essentially a classic margarita with the addition of watermelon. You can play with how much watermelon juice you add, but I found 2.5 ounces to be the sweet spot. Watermelon juice is subtle in flavor, so you need enough
ALWAYS get seedless watermelon. White seeds are OK, black seeds are not.
How To Make the Watermelon Margarita
Once we have the blended watermelon juice, we’ll combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake—just like a classic shaken marg. Pour into a salted rimmed glass and garnish with a watermelon wedge.
Can This Be Made Frozen?
Yes, simply blend all ingredients together with about a cup of ice instead of shaking and serving on the rocks. It’s that easy.
Other Margarita Recipes You’ll Love
- Classic margarita
- Grapefruit margarita
- Spicy jalapeno margarita
- Grand Marnier margarita
- Elderflower margarita
My watermelon margarita is FRESH and refreshing. Made with homemade watermelon juice, fresh lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and simple sugar, it’s literally summer in a glass.
- 1 packed cup of chopped seedless watermelon, fully blended until liquid (makes about 6 ounces)
- 2.5 ounces watermelon juice
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 3/4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- For the salted rim, take a lime wedge and coat the rim of a margarita glass or double old fashioned glass. Dip in margarita salt, rotating until coated.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a cup of ice. Shake vigorously and pour straight into a chilled glass with the (now crushed) ice from the shaker. Garnish with a watermelon wedge.
You can make this spicy by adding jalapeno slices or a dash of tabasco. One of my fav touches.
- Serving Size: 1 (no salt rim)
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 24.2g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: .06g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: watermelon margarita