This berry vodka smash is made with freshly muddled strawberries and raspberries, fresh rosemary, blackberry jam, honey syrup, and lemon juice. A berry refreshing and irresistible summer sipper (sorry, I had to).
Think of the vodka smash as a spin on the classic mojito, packed with fresh fruits, herbs, a natural sweetener, and citrus. Not a vodka fan? It could easily be made with bourbon or white rum, rendering equally delicious results.
Muddle the Fruits
This cocktail requires a muddler. A muddler will help you pulverize the fruits and rosemary to extract the oils and juices. You want to turn the raspberries and strawberries into a jam of their own, so they become a smooth pulp with no chunks. This will give you a fruit-infused cocktail in every sip. You cannot over-muddle this cocktail.
How to Make Honey Syrup
This cocktail uses honey syrup, which is essentially simple syrup made with honey. It easily dissolves into cocktails and adds an earthy honey flavor.
Heat 1/4 cup of water in the microwave for 45 seconds until warm. Stir in 1/4 cup of honey until fully dissolved and golden brown. The proper consistency is a little thicker than water when at room temp. This makes 1/2 cup (4 ounces) of honey syrup, which is enough for 4 cocktails.
Blackberry jam is a third fruit source, sweetener, and nice addition of color. Blackberry jam or blackberry preserves should be easy to find in the grocery store. If not, you can always substitute for strawberry or raspberry jam. It’s not quite the same cocktail but can work in a pinch (or if you have a thing against blackberries for that matter). That said, the blackberry jam is my favorite part.
You’ll Also Love
- Blackberry bourbon smash
- Classic mojito
- Strawberry mojito
- Strawberry tequila martini
- Blackberry mojito
A fruity and refreshing summer vodka cocktail made with muddled fresh strawberries and raspberries, fresh rosemary, blackberry jam, honey syrup, and lemon juice.
- 2 ounces vodka (can also use bourbon or white rum)
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup
- 1 teaspoon blackberry jam or preserves (strawberry/raspberry jam can be substituted)
- 2 raspberries
- 1 medium strawberry, stem removed
- 1/2 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Optional extra lemon wedges and rosemary sprigs as garnish
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hot water
- In a Boston shaker, muddle strawberry, raspberries, jam, and rosemary until the fruit is pulverized into a smooth pulp.
- Add vodka, lemon, honey syrup, and a cup of ice. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds and pour all contents into a double old-fashioned glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge and rosemary spring if desired.
- Heat 1/4 cup of water in the microwave for 45 seconds until warm. Stir in 1/4 cup of honey until fully dissolved and golden brown. The proper consistency is a little thicker than water when at room temp.
Honey syrup recipe makes 1/2 cup (4 ounces) of honey syrup, enough for 4 cocktails.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 14mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: fruity vodka cocktails