This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase a product I recommend.
Honey garlic chicken thighs are oven-roasted and tossed in a sweet and savory sauce made with honey, garlic, sesame oil, sriracha, and fresh lime juice. It’s super easy to make and can be made in a single cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan.
We’re big fans of chicken thighs because they’re super tender and flavorful and don’t tend to dry out like chicken breast. Served over jasmine rice, this dish is a really simple and delicious Asian-inspired recipe that’s perfect for lazy weeknight cooking.
This recipe calls for pretty ordinary pantry ingredients except for sesame oil. It’s a common oil often used in Asian-inspired cuisine. I highly recommend you grab a bottle as you’ll find plenty of other recipes that demand delicious sesame flavor.
Honey Garlic Sauce
My simple honey garlic sauce is a sticky Asian-inspired sauce made with honey, sliced garlic, sriracha, soy sauce, sesame oil, and fresh lime juice (lemon works too). The sauce is thickened with a light simmer on the stove with the help of corn starch (magic thickening agent). You can also easily adjust the heat of the dish by adding extra Sriracha to make it spicier. Adding some spice to recipes with a source of sugar creates a nice mild zip that even the faint of heart can appreciate.
How to Roast Chicken Thighs
Bake chicken thighs for 40-45 minutes at 400°F. This will bring your chicken to the perfect internal temp of 165° F (always double-check with a digital thermometer). You can take this recipe one step further by coating the chicken in corn starch before baking. Not that chicken thighs need extra juiciness, but cornstarch helps the chicken retain juices and stay extra moist. It also lends a slight texture to the exterior that really soaks up the sticky sauce.
You’ll Also Love
- Sweet and spicy chicken and broccoli
- Honey sriracha chicken thighs
- Cilantro lime chicken thighs
- Simple roasted chicken thighs
- Lemon rosemary chicken thighs
- Hibachi chicken
Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
Sweet and spicy Asian-inspired honey garlic chicken thighs served over jasmine rice.
- 4–6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1–2 chopped scallions, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (uncooked) jasmine or white rice
- Lime wedges, for serving
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (add more if you’d like it more spicy)
- 1/2 a lime, juice squeezed (lemon works too)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together all honey garlic sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. Spraying a measuring cup with cooking spray before adding honey helps it slide ride out.
- Season chicken thighs all over with salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge chicken thighs in corn starch until lightly coated, shake off excess.
- Place chicken thighs in a cast-iron skillet, oven-safe pan, or baking dish and roast for 40-45 minutes or until fully cooked through (165°F internally).
- With 20 minutes left on the chicken, prepare rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and place chicken on a plate. Transfer the skillet to a burner over medium heat. REMEMBER: skillet handle will be very hot, don’t forget to use oven mitts when handling on the stove. Add the honey garlic sauce and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Be sure to stir to prevent burning.
- Return chicken to the skillet to toss/coat in the sauce. Serve over jasmine rice and garnish with sesame seeds, green onions, and extra lime wedges.
This can also be made with chicken breast, adjust cooking times as needed. Follow the rest of the recipe as written.
- Serving Size: Chicken and rice
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 17.6g
- Sodium: 823mg
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 63.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
Keywords: cast iron chicken thigh, asian chicken thighs
This looks great! Is it possible to bake these thighs in the oven instead?
This was a very good and easy. My kids ate it as well. Made a cucumber side salad and some Korean seasoned spinach. Thanks!
Made this for my crew at the fire house, and everyone loved it!
Glad to hear it, Jack!