This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase a product I recommend.
Garlic and parmesan wings are my second favorite chicken wing behind the buffalo wing. Also a close match-up with my dry rub wings as well. This recipe is really simple and comes together easily in an air fryer. Salt, pepper, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, and of course garlic powder! They’re crispy, super flavorful, and pair perfectly with a nice bitter IPA.
I’ve been all about air fryer wings the past few months. It’s an easy way to get the perfect crispy texture we love without deep frying. I also think it ends up being a little healthier than roasted wings since the fat seems to melt off and collect in the bottom of the fryer. I don’t see myself going back to my oven any time soon.
How to Cook Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
After tossing your wings in garlic and parmesan cheese, place them in a non-preheated air fryer at 375°F and cook for about 20-25 minutes until crispy on the outside and fully cooked through in the center (165°F internal temp for chicken). A digital thermometer always come in the clutch.
This method works for any chicken wing recipe honestly. If using sauces such as buffalo or BBQ sauce, I recommend prepping the wings by tossing in some olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. Air fry the wings first, then toss in whatever sauce you’re using just before serving. This prevents a mess and makes for better tasting wings. Just make sure the sauce is warm to the touch!
How Many Wings Can I Cook at Once?
I was able to easily cook 2 pounds of wings in about 20 minutes in a 4-quart air fryer. The secret is to flip/toss the wings every 5 minutes or so to ensure an evenly cooked exterior. If you’re cooking multiple layers of wings, this is especially important. 2 pounds will likely require two layers of wings.
More Chicken Wing RecipesPrint
Air Fryer Garlic and Parmesan Wings
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Party wings tossed in salt, pepper, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, and of course garlic powder! They’re crispy, super flavorful, and pair perfectly with a nice bitter IPA.
- 1 1/2–2 pounds chicken party wings (wingette and drummette separated)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional minced parsley for garnish
- Optional sliced carrots, celery, and ranch dressing for dipping
- In a large bowl, toss wings in oil and then season generously with salt and pepper. Add garlic powder and parmesan cheese and toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer wings to a 4-5 quart air fryer arranging as evenly as possible in the basket. Air fry at 375°F for 22-26 minutes, or until wings are fully cooked through (I did not preheat air fryer but check instructions with your air fryer for best results). Toss the wings every 5 minutes throughout the cooking process to ensure even cooking. Once removed from the fryer, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan cheese and optional parsley and serve immediately with ranch dressing.
If cooking closer to 3 pounds of wings, it may take closer to 30 minutes to fully cook the wings, depending on the size of your air fryer. Do not overfill.
Make sure you opt for the finely grated parmesan and not coarsely grated. It will adhere much better.
This method works for any wing recipe honestly. If using sauces such as buffalo sauce, I recommend prepping the wings by tossing in olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. Air fry the wings first, then toss in buffalo sauce/whatever sauce you’re using just before serving. This prevents a mess and makes for better tasting wings.
- Serving Size: 5 wings
- Calories: 578
- Sugar: .3g
- Sodium: 357mg
- Fat: 41.6g
- Saturated Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: .1g
- Protein: 47.9g
- Cholesterol: 148mg
Keywords: garlic and parmesan wings, chicken wing recipes
Leave a Comment